Leica DISTO D8
NEW DISTO ™ D8 - With Bluetooth, on screen targeting and 360° angle measure
The Leica DISTO ™ D8 laser measure has it all, plus more. If you measure everyday this laser measure will revolutionise how you work and how quickly you work. The full colour on-screen targeting makes external measuring easy even in bright sunlight, with a range of up to 200 Metres. With the integrated BLUETOOTH® technology you can directly transfer data to your computer increasing accuracy and reducing time. Cleverly combining a high precision laser distance meter and an accurate tilt /incline sensor means the DISTO ™ D8 can now measure almost any elevation.
FREE Bluetooth app available for android
Read more about the new release on our blog >>
Leica DISTO ™ D8 - Overview
With integrated BLUETOOTH® Technology, measurement results can be wirelessly and accurately transferred to Pocket PCs and PCs. Thus you can easily process your data in Excel®, Word®, AutoCAD® and other programs.
360° tilt sensor
The combination of angle and distance measurements allows you to determine distances where conventional methods fail. The horizontal distance, for example, can also be determined quickly and efficiently past obstacles or the elevation of a tree, even though there is no reflective point.
Thanks to the digital Pointfinder with its 4x zoom and high resolution 2,4" colour display, you can measure long range distances quickly and easily because you always see your targeted point.
The delivery package contains the transfer software "Leica DISTO ™ Transfer" - easy to install and with automatic updates. The AutoCAD® plug-in additionally allows convenient planning and drawing with your AutoCAD® software.
The highlights of the Leica DISTO ™ D8?
The Leica DISTO ™ D8 is packed with all of the functions contained in the best selling external laser measure the Leica DISTO ™ D5, with many more additional clever functions. Here are our top 5 reasons why the Leica DISTO ™ D8 is the ultimate laser measuring device:
- Seeing is believing: If you have ever tried to measure outside in bright sunlight with a laser measure you will know how difficult it is. The Leica DISTO ™ D8 has changed this. A video image is projected onto the screen similar to a digital camera allowing the user to accurately target up to a 200 metre range. The image on the DISTO screen can be magnified 4 X, The screen is full colour and has a sensor to automatically adjust the contrast and brightness.
- Tree and Cable Heights: The accurate 360° angle measure, combined with a little bit of Leica programming ensures that heights of trees and cables can be measured easily without the need to reflect a laser off difficult surface. Heights of buildings, roof slopes and roof lengths are easy with the Leica DISTO ™ D8 laser measure.
- Data transfer: The Leica DISTO ™ D8 has integrated BLUETOOTH® technology. Measurements can be transferred wirelessly and accurately to a windows based mobile computer such as Pocket PCs and mobile laptops. The FREE software includes an AutoCAD® plug-In and interface to all other windows and Vista applications. Integration is easy, and our technical team is always available to assist. Call 0800 292 2188 for support.
- Ground profiling: Simple, gradients, height changes and profiles are possible with the Leica DISTO ™ D8
- Leica DISTO ™ Warranty - 3 Year, no quibble warranty available at here.
The Leica DISTO ™ D8 is a compact unit with a colour screen designed for ease of use. The menu functions are clear and the inbuilt camera unit with 4X digital Zoom provides on screen accurate targeting up to a 200M range.
How does the Leica DISTO ™ D8 differ from the Leica DISTO ™ D5?
The Leica DISTO ™ D8 appears to cost quite a lot more than the Leica DISTO ™ D5, but it is has many additional features that easily justify the extra expense. The Leica DISTO ™ D8 is the ultimate laser measuring device.
- The Leica DISTO ™ D8 has Bluetooth data transfer and can transfer data directly into any Windows based application and comes ready with an AutoCad interface.
- The Leica DISTO ™ D8 has a full 360° angle measure. This allows for limitless height measurement and full 360° profiling. The Leica DISTO ™ D5 is limited to 45 degrees.
- The Leica DISTO ™ D8 can measure heights, even when you cannot bounce a laser off the point of reference (ie Trees, telephone or power cables).
- The Leica DISTO ™ D8 can measure roof lengths, slope angles with two easy measurements. It can also be used to profile land and buildings and obtain average ground angles or offer change in height calculations.
The benefits of the Leica DISTO ™ D8 laser measure:
|Easy Measuring outside using digital Pointfinder (4x zoom)||Surveyors|
|BLUETOOTH ™ data transfer||Architects|
|Laser pin point accuracy ± 1.0mm||Cable engineers|
|Inclination measurement for full 360 degrees||Forestry|
|New Leica - Power Range Technology ™ for long distances (200 Metres)||Utility engineers|
|Site Proof casing - Water and Dust resistant (IP54)||Constructors|
|Large colour display screen (2.4 inches)||Scaffolding|
|Pythagoras with angles, Indirect measurement of heights||Construction Companies|
|Tripod thread||Solar Companies|
|Tree and Cable Height measurement Functions|
|Roof angle and Length functions|
Leica DISTO D8 Options:
Service pack - included FREE:
What our customers say about the Leica DISTO D8 and our service
Leica have produced the greatest ever laser measure. The Leica DISTO ™ D8 is the answer to all of my wishes. I congratulate the design team and thank you for your technical help. Your knowledge has helped me get the most from my investment. I have tried the interface between the DISTO ™ D8 and Autocad. It was easy to set up and works well. I carry my Leica DISTO ™ D8 everywhere. Many thanks again.
Zak Mellor – London Surveyor - October 2009
The Leica DISTO ™ D8 has changed how we work. As described it easily interfaced with the PDA running the Cad software. The new angle measure functions have saved us time and reduced the need to climb ladders. If you need a product reference, tell them the Leica DISTO ™ D8 is fantastic for the size and great value. Great service as well, I appreciate you spending the time to explain the functions so clearly.
Michael Smith - Architectural Services - Stratford Upon Avon
Leica DISTO ™ D8 laser… fantastic. We survey the site with the customer at time of quotation. It is so easy. Thank you for your training session, we now have 3 team members using the device daily, saving time and money. We would recommend the DISTO ™ D8 and your service if required. Many thanks.
Chris Smart – Solar Panels Surveyor December 2009